----- Original Message ----- From: "David De Maeyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 11:07 AM
Subject: [Zope] <EMBED ...> problem

Hi all,

Got a weird problem with Zope... One of our user
reported the following issue (under Zope 2.6.0):

One html page makes use of the <EMBED> tag to show and
play a MPEG video using the Windows Media Player. When
we tried to edit that page for a minor text revision
and saved that page, Zope did throw a 'Dynamic tag
"embed" not allowed.'... and the change made to the
page was lost.

We then decided to remove the <EMBED> tag, just did a
cut, and proceeded with the text revision. It worked
but as one could expect we couldn't get the <EMBED>
tag pasted into the document without having Zope
complaining about that tag.

Therefore a simple question: how do we get Zope to
properly deal with this <EMBED> tag again? Is it is a
configuration problem?

Any idea?

I tried the following quick dtml method in zope 2.6.4  and it worked ok:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<embed src="sample.mov" width="160" height="144"
autoplay="true" controller="false"
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

so I am guessing that your problem is not the <embed></embed> tags