Hi Fernando,

In my debian distro, in order to have an init.d script, I added a new file in /etc/init.d, let's name it zope.sh.

Whitin, code a daemon, like:
(beware i made it from my zope's insatnces over several machines and zeo init script, so I haven't tested it (may contains typo). Moreover this may not be fully linux standard compliant (I don't know in fact)).

case $1 in
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl start
echo "Zope started"
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl stop
echo "Zope stopped"
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl restart
echo "Zope restarted"

This way you can use it with /etc/init.d/zope.sh {start,stop,restart}

But, on debian (and thus I think on ubuntu), you must add this script to the default run level with the commands:
> su
# cd /etc/init.d
# chmod +x zope.sh
# update-rc.d zope.sh defaults

Then, if you reboot your ubuntu distro, zope should automatically be started.

Chris Withers wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Zope itself does not ship with an init.d script. So yes, this is most likely a distribution/packaging issue that should be brought to the packagers' attention.

FWIW, I've always found symlinking zopectl into init.d to work just fine...

Christophe Gravier
Laboratoire DIOM, groupe SATIn - Doctorant
ISTASE - Ingénieur d'études
Perso: http://perso.univ-st-etienne.fr/gravchri/
SATIn: http://www.istase.com/satin
Tel : 04 7748 5034