Paul Winkler wrote at 2005-11-27 21:17 -0500:
>I've seen the same symptoms a number of times recently with zope 2.7.x.
>In our case, it seems to be related to ZEO. Zope seems to have lost
>its connection to ZEO but doesn't realize it somehow.  My theory is
>that the symptom starts when all worker threads are waiting for objects
>that aren't in the ZEO client cache, so they're all waiting on ZEO

Do you have a firewall between Zope and ZEO?

Usually, the OS can inform both ends of a connection when
the connection is torn down.
However, some firewalls tear a connection down in a way that
the endpoints do not get informed.

We had to implement a keep alive mechanism to prevent our firewall
from behaving in this nasty way.