Chris Withers wrote:
Just a note: I don't think mixing in persistance is needed.

Hmm... how so? I've always thought it quite nice that when, for example, you store the modification time of an object in a DateTime, you can safely update it without worrying about the whole object having to be repickled when you change it...

Except that this doesn't work that way today. DateTime object don't subclass persistent.

What you're proposing doesn't make much sense to me anyway, if you want to change the modification time of an object then it means something else changed. No need to isolate the modification time change in its own persistent subobject.

Florent