Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

Pardon my stupidity but is Chris Withers' Stepper the right thing for me...?

yes

What he said ;-)

The call to sendAllUnsent() I would prefer if it was done
asyncronously in case it takes several seconds. I could accomplish
this by having a cron job calling it every 5 minutes but ldeally I
don't want to rely on cron for this setup. Is Stepper the right thing
for me?

Stepper still needs cron. It is not a cron replacement.

...but it does make building a cron job that does stuff with Zope a whole lot easier, and covers all the edge cases you'd forget ;-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk