Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:

Florent Guillaume wrote:

Paul Winkler wrote:

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:12:01PM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

does zope2 do an access control based on acquisition for public methods, that would be a waste of resources since the answer is always "yes, granted" ?

Well, the thing is, the declaration that makes the method public
*has no effect* unless your class participates in acquisition.

That's not true. The objects of this class will be perfectly accessible to a restricted user:

  from AccessControl import ClassSecurityInfo
  class MyStuff(object):
      security = ClassSecurityInfo()
      def foo(self):
          return 'bar'

In Zope 2.7.8 I get a segmentation fault when I try to do the above; I also have the following code that manages this for any class (to avoid having to do that for every single class):

def _ZopifyClass(a_class):
    a_class.security = ClassSecurityInfo()
    a_class.security.declareObjectPublic() # Segmentation fault

I cannot swithc to Zope 2.8 because my code runs in PLone 2.05 and it does not work with Zope 2.8.

The segmentation fault occurs in the declareObjectPublic() statement.

Is there a fix for the Zope 2.7 to this problem?

is it a typo, or did you mean: