Tom Redfern wrote:

How do a call a method (module) with an absolute path name in the
filesystem from this module?

Give us an example of what you're trying to do...

I want to import my own module.  Running the script from the command
line honors #INCDIR

what's #INCDIR?!

installation, even placing the module in the Extensions directory won't
accomplish the deed.

External Methods aren't _just_ normal .py files, and they don't successfully import other files in the Extensions directory unless you make sure that extensions directory, or any other direcotry you want to import from, is on the python path before Zope is started...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk