Robert Boyd wrote:

On 12/7/05, Ed Colmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey All

I'm wondering if anyone has a module that will generate the randomized
images that are so common these days in registration forms to verify
that the user is a human.  Or, alternativly, other strategies to block
spamming of registration forms by bots or other automated methods.

Search the list - this came up before. I recall pycaptcha

IIRC, when I downloaded it I ran into some problems running it.
Indeed, the demo site for it has an ImportError.

I'd use Python Imaging Library or PythonMagick to create some random text and apply some filters on it.