Harry Forster wrote:

I would like to install Zope 2.8.4 on a Suse 9.0 system. Has anyone done this and how did you do it?

http://www.eset.com

Forster,
Install Zope from source - get Zope 2.84 from zope.org/downloads. Get python from python.org. I just did wgets and went from there. Google for linux zope installation docs. I installed zope over Ubuntu doing this just a a few weeks ago. It just takes some time - a few hours of extreme annoyance and then its a beautiful thing.
David