On 8 Dec 2005, at 14:19, Harry Forster wrote:

Thanks to all for the very quick response to my request for help. This is the
backbone of the open source community.

I have been using Zope 2.6 on windows for years and wanted to update and move
to a Suse 9.0 machine. I downloaded Zope 2.8.4-final tgz.

I originally had Python 2.4 but switched to Python 2.3.5 after reading the
Zope notes. When I did the configure, make, install for Zope I got the
message:

Whaat you really need to do is *ditch* those OS-supplied Python packages and compile it yourself for Zope. It's easy and quick. Get the 2.3.5 tarball from python.org and after that it's a matter of configure/make/make install. Then run the Zope 2.8.4 build script using that Python.

jens