On Dec 8, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Dennis Allison wrote:

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005, Chris McDonough wrote:

The problem I am trying to resolve appears to be load related.  The
observed symptom is that (some) session variables spontaneously disappear. There appears to be some connection to conflicts, but the exact mechanism
and the relationship is not yet clear.

It's hard to know what's happening here, obviously.

So, I've been looking through the code trying to find places where some
infrequent event could cause the problem.

Chris pointed out that session variables can cause conflict errors (both read-read and read-write) when the session API is used. I've been trying
to explore that interface and have not yet found all the pieces.  Some
hints to the reader would help.

If you mean the session API, that's defined in modules within Products/Sessions and Products/Transience.

I see where HTTPRequest manages the Zope user interface to the
session variables which includes a mechanism for lazy access--the
dictionary _lazies provides a list of callables.  When a variable is
accessed, it is promoted to Request by executing the callable and storing
the value.  The _lazies entry corresponding to the session variable is

Sorry, I'm not sure what this means. Are you describing what happens in the REQUEST.set_lazy code or are you describing a symptom of a problem?

  What I have not been able to find is where this is maintained
in a persistent fashion.  Can someone provide a pointer?

I'm not sure what this means either, sorry! Where what is maintained in a persistent fashion?

Sorry to not be more helpful on this go-around. ;-)

- C