--On 15. Dezember 2005 05:20:33 -0800 Allen Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    I'm trying zope on linux but I have come a cross a problem.

  I windows, I simply changed the port number from 8080 to 80 in
zope.conf  so I could get to my site without typeing the port.
  But in Linux, I did the same thing but it always tells me that some
other server already occupied this port. (and I just started too, so
there shouldn't be any server. right??)
  I'm now trying to figure out what server to close but with no luck at
all..
  can someone help me so I can display my site on port 80?

The recommended way is to run Zope on some unpriveledged port and use Virtual hosting with Apache or Squid. CHeck the Virtual Hosting chapter of the Zope Book for details.

-aj