On 12/15/05, Allen Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying zope on linux but I have come a cross a problem.
> I windows, I simply changed the port number from 8080 to 80 in zope.conf  so
> I could get to my site without typeing the port.
> But in Linux, I did the same thing but it always tells me that some other
> server already occupied this port. (and I just started too, so there
> shouldn't be any server. right??)

You may be using a distro that starts Apache on boot. Check your init
scripts. If you want Zope running on 80, you'll need to either disable
the init script starting that other server, or configure that other
server to run on a different port if you really want that service.

That said, I agree with others about the standard way of running Zope
(unprivileged user, high port, behind Apache or other).