<redirecting this to the normal zope list where it makes more sense, please continue there>

On 15 Dec 2005, at 16:58, Chris Cole wrote:

Hey all,
I'm currently trying to setup a custom zope instance for our c.s.
department at school. Currently we run a totally linux infrastructure
with ldap authentication which we would also like to tie into zope. My
question is not how to authenticate against ldap, but I was wondering if
there is a way to disable the default user folder and in automagically
put an ldapuser folder in its place on creation of a new instance. I'm
kinda new to zope, and I'm sure it's possible, but if someone could at
least point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

If you're talking about "instance" as in installing a Zope $INSTANCE_HOME, then you could "prepare" a ZODB where you have done all that manually and re-use that for every instance you build out. If you run ZEO and they all connect to the same database there is no need - you switch it out once and all instances "see" that.

jens