Ole,

I'm getting pretty tired of this thread, even reading it is annoying. You're whining about stuff which isn't a problem, and making out like Zope/ZODB has all these big critical flaws, casting huge assertions without having enough understanding to make them...

Jan-Ole Esleben wrote:
  security.declareProtected("Use TestPChanged", "test_internal")
  def test_internal(self, args=None, args2=None):
    "Called by test via XML-RPC"
    if args2:
        self.a.append(1)
    self._p_changed = 1

What the hell are you doing that for?

If self.a is a simple python list, of course you're in trouble.
Make it a PersistentList, or better yet, an OOTreeSet, and you'll be much better off...

Zope obviously looks at the code,

I can assure you Zope does ZERO code introspection...

Seriously, your examples are overcomplicated, your use cases are bizarre and your attitude of "it must be Zope's fault" is more than a little wearing.

No-one's forcing you to use Zope, I'd implore you to go and use another framework if you're so convinced Zope "does it wrong" ;-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk