John Toews wrote:
Hi all,

I have a need to restrict anonymous access to an object until after a specific action occurs. For example, the View permission by default is restricted to owner and manager, but after a 'release' flag is checked, it is viewable to anyone. I can't seem to find a way to do this programatically, after googling for a few hours over the past few weeks. Is it possible? I think the user running the action would need 'change permissions' rights... is there anyway to override that?

Thanks again!
John

John,

Here's a solution that at best will stimulate a better answer :-)

     tal:condition="python:  request.get(releaseFlag,0)">some link
</a
or
     tal:condition="python:  not request.get(releaseFlag,0)">some other link
</a>

David