On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:13:13 -0800
John Toews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a need to restrict anonymous access to an object
> until after a specific action occurs. For example, the
> View permission by default is restricted to owner and
> manager, but after a 'release' flag is checked, it is
> viewable to anyone. I can't seem to find a way to do this
> programatically, after googling for a few hours over the
> past few weeks. Is it possible? I think the user running
> the action would need 'change permissions' rights... is
> there anyway to override that?

1) Provide a script that makes this change.

2) Give it the necessary permissions

3) Use the "proxy" feature to allow the script to run with
its own permissions when called (look at the tabs available
on the script editing view)

4) Call this script from the
"action" on your release form.

Terry Hancock ([EMAIL PROTECTED])