Robert Conner wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to install 2.8.5 on my windows machine.

I do not have Visual C++ or .NET. Is there any way to compile are
install Zope with any sort of free software available?

Thanks,
Rob Conner

Robert,

This is just an alternate solution ...

I got Ubuntu Linux (recommended by some Zope listers (thanks!)) and it installed perfectly on my Dell Windows XPS the first time I tried it.  I had it partion my  primary drive and I  can  now boot either Windows and Ubuntu Linux.

I then had the joy of compiling from source - (1 minute of joy spread over 3 days - but at least I didnt have to buy dinner).

David