--On 9. Januar 2006 21:38:15 -0800 David H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi list,

Im just wondering what the wisdom is about Zope performance and various
CPU types.  I'm running Zope on Linux (Ubuntu). I notice that Dell is
selling  a "dual-core" Pentium unit.  But I have no idea if something
like "dual core"  is advantegous to Zope, python execution or one's
favorite RDMS.

A single Python process also a multi-threaded Python application can never run on multiple CPUs. Multiple CPUs, cores etc. together with Python make only sense when you run multiple Python processes e.g. multiple ZEO clients or ZEO client + ZEO server. For standalone Zope instance dual-core CPU give you nothing.

-aj