You should have a look at 'temp_folder'.  It is a ram-based folder (ie. objects stored in it are not written to the ZODB), so when zope stops running anything in the temp_folder is lost, but it is faster than writing to the ZODB (disk-based storage).  Zope uses a temp_folder for its sessions.

hth

Jonathan
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:39 PM
Subject: [Zope] Zope background variables

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a way to store a global variable on the server, and have such variable be easily retrieved in Zope dtml/python methods.
I want to make my own login system with sessions.  And store session ID on the server and cookie to identify logged in users.
Is there an easy way to store a list of users and session IDs on the server?  Like a background array that's always available as long as the server is running.

Yahoo! Photos