hello all,

I want to document the recommended structure of a product. I blogged about this at http://blog.delaguardia.com.mx/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=30&blogId=1.

I would like some comments on what I believe are the possible structures. First, here's more or less what everybody uses these days:
  • / MyProduct
    • | __init__.py
    • | config.py
    • | MyProduct.py
    • | utils.py
    • / docs
    • / zpt
    • / www
    • / tests

I'm not sure whether to include a help directory anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many people use the Zope management help API.

But if one is going to work with Zope 2.8 and use Five, there is also this possibility, which also has some common elements with Plone/CMF structures:

  • / MyProduct
    • | __init__.py
    • | MyProduct.py
    • | configure.zcml
    • | browser.py
    • | interfaces.py
    • | utils.py
    • / adapters
    • / docs
    • / skins
    • / tests

Some people seem to use an interfaces directory instead of a file, and the same thing happens with browser.py. I still have to do some research about this and explain all the parts at least briefly, but I wanted to see if anyone wants to comment on this first.

Thanks,

Carlos de la Guardia