Slobodan Jovcic wrote:

I'm trying to pass a list of values between the script and external method. ZPT contains the following:

<tal:block tal:define="whatever python: container.myExtMethod ( container.myScript() )" />

container.myScript() is a Python Script that returns a list of values.
container.myExtMethod() is an External Method expecting that list. However, all it gets is a string representation of the list ( "[]" instead of [] ). How can I pass the list itself?

Btw, hard-coding list in ZPT works fine:
<tal:block tal:define="whatever python: container.myExtMethod( ['a', 'b', 'c' ] )" />

The problem is likely in 'myScript', which you do not show us.

"Building Websites with Plone"