News in version 1.1.pre3
- bug fixes
- more advanced Five support
- base demos (quickstart) re-made with Five, besides the old five-less
demos are available as well.
- more advanced demos: the "Click-to-edit-title" example and a
drag-and-drop shopping cart mini application. All done with plain Zope.
Jsonserver provides an alternative way of AJAX client-server
communication on Zope.
Jsonserver enables Zope to act as a JSON-RPC server. JSON-RPC is
data interchange format. JSON has bindings for more languages. On
JSON and JSON-RPC support, besides other utilities.
Characteristics of this approach are:
scripts or page templates and call them up directly from
- Both the call parameters and the return value can be strings,
unicode strings, instances of any other builtin python data
type, or structures built with the combination of tuples, lists
and dicts. These get marshalled transparently with JSON.
- As a consequence there is no necessity to use XML to pass
around structured data, you can just structure your data with
python and pass it directly (but of course you also have the
possibility to pass around XML).
- Passing of both positional and keyword parameters allows to
call up page templates with request parameters.
- Full client compatibility with the Zope3 version of jsonserver,
i.e. the same client code will be able to run on Zope2 and
Zope3 without a change.
- Five supported.
This version, 1.1.pre3 is a pre-release and considered to be
It can be installed on Zope 2.7 and 2.8 (for 2.7 you need to
install Five). It is compatible with Plone and can be used from
it without restrictions. (PLEASE READ release notes for how to fix
a critical Plone bug.)
More information, download, and installable demo product at
http://www.zope.org/Members/ree/jsonserver2 . Please report bugs
directly to me.
Balazs Ree [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -