I have a fairly extensive application running on Zope 2.6 and would like to upgrade it for long-term maintainability. So I am looking for thoughts from the group as to whether it would be better to upgrade to the latest version of Zope 2, or 'bite-the-bullet' and upgrade to Zope 3.

Does anyone know the long term fate of Zope 2? (ie. is the plan to eventually move everything into Zope 3, then slowly fade Zope 2 from the picture, or will Zope 2 be with us forever?).

Any and all thoughts gratefully appreciated!