Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 28. Januar 2006 21:14:51 -0800 David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi list,

I'm fairly new to Linux (ubuntu server version) and simply hate VIM. Nor
do I want to mind meld with the complex EMACS.   I just wonder what
Editors some of you prefer as you write stuff like external scripts, etc.

Look at <>
You might ask 100 developers about their favorite editor and you might get 80 different answers. Every developers has its very own reasons for using an certain editor. In some way editors are like women...choose one (or two) for your lifetime and be happy :-)

there's also a recent review here:
the people will present it updated in a track at PyCon 06 as well