This little bit of code has some clues:

    def put(self, code, t, desc):
        if code not in ('A', 'B', 'I', 'E'):
            raise "unknown request code %s" % code
        if code == 'B':
            self.start = t
            self.method, self.url = desc.strip().split()
        elif code == "I":
            self.t_recdinput = t
            self.isize = desc.strip()
        elif code == "A":
            self.t_recdoutput = t
            self.httpcode, self.osize = desc.strip().split()
        elif code == 'E':
            self.t_end = t
            self.elapsed = int(self.t_end - self.start)

B  = beginning request handling
I  = finished receiving input from the client
A  = finished receiving output from Zope's publisher
E  = request handling ended

- C