+-------[ Roman Klesel ]----------------------
| Hello Andrew,
|
| thanks for your reply.
|
| Andrew Milton schrieb:
| >
| > One (or more) of the following two;
| >
| > Your class isn't yet fully instantiated and Acquisition wrapped, this
normally
| > doesn't occur until your class is inside the ZODB.
|
| That's true! And it's nor supposed to be. It's only a temporary Object that's
being destroyed
| after the method in which it's created has finished processing.

[snip]

| Probably I just do things in the wrong way. What I wnat to do is:
|
| In the temporary object:
|
| try:
|    h=open('file',r)
| except:
|    em = 'File %s does not exist' % file
|    return REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(self.manage_editSettings(REQUEST), em)

redirect should take a URL (i.e. a string), not a rendered page...

| the calling Object then would pass it to the browser ...
|
| ... in order to do some exception handling.
|
| is there an other way to redirect to the settigs Form when an error occurs in
this nonpersistent object?

Since your class is already assuming things (manage_editSettings e.g.),

a) pass in a parent object that is wrapped and call
parentObj.manage_editSettings..
b) or more cleanly call parentObj.errorOccurred(message) which would do the
redirect,
c) or even more cleanly you could raise an exception, and catch it in the
parent class, then redirect.

--
Andrew Milton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]