Many thanks for your replies, Andreas and Jens, most helpful.

[Rolls up sleeves...]

Andreas Jung wrote:

--On 6. Februar 2006 09:23:10 +0000 Jonathan Cleaver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the protocol that I am working with means that my script
is receiving an HTTP GET, not a POST. Is there a way I can sensibly
'tweak' the request coming in to circumvent this? I have reason to
believe that there is considerable inertia at the other end to changing
their method.

Then you should follow Jens' advise to encode the stuff properly on the sender side...but we warned: there is (configurable) restriction of the maximum HTTP header length of 8K. Do try to send mass data through a GET request.

-aj