Tim Nash wrote at 2006-2-6 11:34 -0800:
>  Has anyone come across a work around for the problem of importing
>zexp into zope 2.8.1?

As others already pointed out: the easiest solution would be to
use a fixed Zope 2.8.x version.

Alternatively, you could fix Zope 2.8.1 yourself. For this, I added
(in our local copy) in ".../Products/PluggableIndexes/common/UnIndex.py":

# DM 2005-08-25: compatibility
from ComputedAttribute import ComputedAttribute
    # DM 2005-08-25: backward compatibility -- overridden at instance level
    def _length(self):
        length = self._length = BTrees.Length.Length(len(self._index))
        return length
    _length = ComputedAttribute(_length)

The second hunk can go (e.g.) after the definition of "__len__".

--
Dieter