Joshua Gilbert wrote:
On 2/7/06, J Cameron Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Joshua Gilbert wrote:

I'd like to make a simple DMS, users upload their
PDFs/docs/ps/whatever and then they can search within the documents.

I believe TextIndexNG will index contents of complex file types.

OK, that's great. Where do I find documentation to tell me how to set
up the site?

According to

"Ready-for-Plone (refer to installation notes in doc/README.txt)"

I need to be able to automate the submission of documents as I'm part
of a large research lab, we've accumulated a lot of papers over the

What exactly does "automate the submission of documents" mean?

I mean that I have a great deal of papers. I can't go through web
forms to add all of these documents. I would like to be able to submit
them through an automated process, I can't go through web forms by
hand to add them all.

I'm trying to convince my lab that this is a useful product. If I ask
them to submit their papers one at a time I'll lose the argument and
we won't use Zope.

Use WebDAV, FTP, or Enfold Desktop. There are other methods, but these are easiest.

"Building Websites with Plone"

Enfold Systems, LLC