On 08.02.06 16:48:08, michael nt milne wrote:
> I have major problems here trying to set-up authentication over a whole
> Plone site using Zope.

Start simple, start up a plain Zope, create a ZPT or DTML and change
it's view right. See what happens.

> I find the Zope security, permissions set-up hideously complex and unusable
> to be honest and it doesn't even seem to work.

Have you read the zope documentation on how security works? Have you
checked what happens when you access the Plone-url "behind the scenes"?

Andreas

--
You seek to shield those you love and you like the role of the provider.