Sorry but can't you post in one message? Also, Zope does do SSL but it's not as good as Apache. And some advice - keep personal insults out of it.

On 2/8/06, Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
michael nt milne wrote:
> ok, I've gone into the security tab in the site root and set 'view' to
> 'authenticated' whilst de-selecting aquire.

> However, using the password that
> gets me into the overall 8080/manage doesn't work.

Huh? Can you provide any less information, or maybe make it a bit
vaguer? ;-)

>  Also the front page still
> comes up if you cancel the login box and the page displays without css.

Then you still haven't sorted your permissions properly...

> This
> shouldn't happen with view set to authenticated.

Then _you're_ doing something wrong, 'cos it works just fine for the
rest of us...