Ok. This solves a long standing misconception on my part. Somehow I lived
with the idea that the called object should have a proxy role and not the
calling object. Stupid! Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lennart Regebro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kees de Brabander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "zope user list" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope and roles and hierarchy

On 2/11/06, Kees de Brabander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> By refering to 1.10 I did not intend to create the impression that I am
> experienced. I am still just an average user and happy with that. But
> consider this use case:
> f1 (folder, acquisition of view permission disabled, and granted again to
> all roles except Anonymous)
>     f1_index (dtml-method)
>     f11 (folder)
>         acl_users (user folder)
>             user1 (user object with user defined 'student' role)
>         index_html (dtml-method calling f1_index)
> when calling .../f1/f11 and authenticating as user1 in zope 2.7.3, you
> get the page, but in 2.7.8 you are not authorized.

Ah, OK, you are not calling it directly. Yes, that may be one of the
security holes that was patched up in 2.7.4 I think. The solution is
easy: Give index_html a proxy role. In this case "Authenticated" is
enough. f1_index itself if you call it directly will not be
accessible, and that's how it has to be.