Tres Seaver wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
On 14 Feb 2006, at 17:58, Erik Myllymaki wrote:

I'm trying to get MailDropHost running under windows, but it errors with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\maildrop.py", line 296, in ?
    pid = os.fork()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fork'

Altering it to run without threading seems to work quite well.

It's forking not to use threading per se but to use threads as a way  to
completely detach from the console.

I will update the documentation to specifically mention that Windows  is
not officially supported, that was my oversight.

A sufficiently clever / motivated person could probably adapt the code
from 'zopeservice.py' to run the MailDropHost daemon as a service in
Windwos.

thanks for the tip - I was about to use srvany for this...