If you want to register your python in the Windows registry, try this URL

I just installed PIL this afternoon using the script above, then using the PIL installer. No complaints/errors. But I have not verified PIL function.

Regards,
Owen
"Allen Huang" <swapp0-/[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
I want to install PIL into zope but I couldn't use the installation package since python that came with zope isn't register on windows.

so I installed python 2.3 seperately and I found some artical on the zope website and it said to
 -  decompress and PIL package and move
 -  Copy the PIL folder and the pil.pth file from your Python folder into: YourZopeFolder/lib/python
 -  Copy _imaging.pyd, _imagingtk.pyd, tk83.dll and tcl83.dll into YourZopeFolder/bin/DLLs
 -  Copy PIL folder in Zope\lib\python\PIL

I did all that but I'm not sure if PIL now work with zope or not...

I started importing External Script using PIL but all I get is -- 'module' object has no attribute 'Image'

Can someone tell me how I can check if PIL works?
Does anyone have a simple PIL coding I could use?