To prevent browser timeout during a long running process, I've got the following code to work nicely,when the browser accesses Zope directly (e.g.

#do some stuff
#do some more stuff

However, when browser goes through the Apache reverse proxy, e.g.

<VirtualHost *:80>
  RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/%1/site001/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]

I get all three writes (progressing..further...done!) at once, at the end of the processing.

I'm running Apache 2.0, Zope. 2.7.6, Plone 2.0.5 on Linux
From going through Apache docs and discussions (notably, it appears that this is an Apache 2.0 problem.

Is there any way to get the same behavior (unbuffered writes) even when I go through the Apache reverse proxy?