I was thinking about trying to develop a social-networking site, like
myspace.com or facebook.com (well, on a much smaller scale of course). Elements
I'd like to make available for the users are:
- profile with photo gallery
- instant messages to other online users
- chat functionality
- forum/discussion boards
- "internal" mail system
- ... (should be extensible)
After looking for information for quite some time, I am still not quite sure
what to do:
1) Do you think Zope/Plone would be the right thing for this kind of project,
or rather some Java CM-system (with better performance maybe since it is
compiled and not interpreted?) or some PHP-system? (not a fan of PHP, to be
honest... I favor python)
2) Now, the main question: Zope or Plone? I don't completely understand the
difference between these two...
I would really appreciate some help/other opinions on this matter.
Thanks a lot, Martin
P.S.: Sorry for the double-post. I didn't want to send the email in HTML.
Schnell und einfach ohne Anschlusswechsel zur Lycos DSL Flatrate wechseln und 3
Monate kostenlos ab effektiven 5,21 EUR pro Monat im ersten Jahr surfen.
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -