Roman Klesel wrote:
Chris Withers schrieb:
for id in self.manage_targets.keys(): title = self.manage_targets[id]['name'] self.tgt_folder=Folder()

This is dangerous...

Why is that?

'cos arbitarilly assigning objects to attributes without understanding acquisition of the pseudo-interfaces you need to adhere to in Zope will mean this _will_ bite you later...

Why not just:

        self.manage_addFolder(id,title)

Well, the suggestion I got was to do:

self.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFolder(...

They're the same thing really...

and this runs in the "Error Value: _getProducts"
Error.

Yes, because, almost certainly, 'self' above was not acquisition wrapped.

Okay, what type of object is 'self' here, where did you take this code
from?

I'm proud to say: I wrote this myself. :-)

Well, you did it wrong... show us soem code and we can fix it.

system = getattr(self,id)

...but it really depends on what 'self' is, I'm not sure you have that
right.

This also works. However to me it looks like, it produces the exact same result
as __getitem__ and self[id] ...

_don't_ count on it...

This  "being acquisition wrapped" is driving me nuts!
I just don't get it.

Then go use PHP ;-)

And I belive it's the cause for the problems I'm facing ...

Yes, stop fighting the framework ;-)
Take some existing examples and try and adapt them rather than starting from scratch with everything...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk