Roman Klesel wrote:
Chris Withers schrieb:
for id in self.manage_targets.keys(): title = self.manage_targets[id]['name'] self.tgt_folder=Folder()

This is dangerous...

Why is that?

'cos arbitarilly assigning objects to attributes without understanding acquisition of the pseudo-interfaces you need to adhere to in Zope will mean this _will_ bite you later...

Why not just:

Well, the suggestion I got was to do:

They're the same thing really...

and this runs in the "Error Value: _getProducts"

Yes, because, almost certainly, 'self' above was not acquisition wrapped.

Okay, what type of object is 'self' here, where did you take this code

I'm proud to say: I wrote this myself. :-)

Well, you did it wrong... show us soem code and we can fix it.

system = getattr(self,id)

...but it really depends on what 'self' is, I'm not sure you have that

This also works. However to me it looks like, it produces the exact same result
as __getitem__ and self[id] ...

_don't_ count on it...

This  "being acquisition wrapped" is driving me nuts!
I just don't get it.

Then go use PHP ;-)

And I belive it's the cause for the problems I'm facing ...

Yes, stop fighting the framework ;-)
Take some existing examples and try and adapt them rather than starting from scratch with everything...