Thanks for that. It worked perfectly.

Out of interest, why am I unable to access the method from with my Zope python code? What is a private object, and why is it private?

Martijn Pieters wrote:
On 2/19/06, Nicholas Watmough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I tried using unrestrictedSearchResults and got a security permission
error, saying I didn't have permission to access

When I turned on verbose security, I got the following error:

Unauthorized: The object is marked as private. Access to
'unrestrictedSearchResults' of (CatalogTool at
/DCARF/project_file_system/portal_catalog) denied.

How do I change the permissions so I can access this method?

You can't, but you can access the method from unrestricted code.
Unrestricted code is any python code not stored in a Python Script or
a Pagetemplate object. An External Method or a code part of a Zope
Product would do the trick.

Martijn Pieters