--On 12. Dezember 2005 14:54:09 -0500 "Garth B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On closer inspection, the Word docs aren't actually being indexed
appropriately either.  When I browse the vocabulary for these indexed
Word docs, I happen to see textual content that can be seen by also
cat'ing the document to the stdout.  The vocab includes other strings
that certainly are not content.  I guess they're string
representations of binary content.

These are other things that I noticed, maybe they won't amount to
anything:

- When I watch the processes during indexing w/top I don't see wvWare
or pdftotext appear.  Maybe they won't.

- I also inserted a couple of LOG.warn's in src/textindexng/content.py
around line 130 (  if d.has_key('mimetype'):  ), and this test always
fails, thereby skipping conversion.

- Digging further in this file, "mimetype" is only defined when
extract_content() in content.py calls "icc.addBinary(...)".  This only
happens when the indexed object provides a txng_get() hook (or I
suppose if an adapter exists).  That whole block (around lines 81 -
93) never gets hit with my PDFs or Word docs during indexing.  When I
index a large number of PDFs I will get a number of TypeErrors raised
around line 110 when extract_content() notices that the data isn't a
[unicode] string.

Is the standard Zope File object supposed to expose a txng_get hook?