John Schinnerer wrote:

Aloha,

huh? You should be able to extend the expression above by calling
the objects render method?

container/client_content/some_STX_object/render">

OK, tried that - I get a username/password prompt that won't take
anything as authorized, and I end up with this error:
-----------------
Site Error

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'render' in this context
------------------

I can post the full trace if needed, seems like overkill at this point
as I assume it's some kind of general security thing with ReST Document
that I simply don't know about.

So now what?
Even the zope instance root/owner username and PW are not accepted...??

In your Zope distribution files look at 'doc/RESTRUCTUREDSTEXT.txt' (or 'Zope/doc/RESTRUCTUREDSTEXT.txt' with Zope2.9).

It has examples of how to use ReST with different solutions.
(There is a typo: 'restructured_test' should read 'restructured_text' )

Btw, the ZReST objects method 'source_txt' gets you the source text of the reST document.

E.g. this should work in your example:

tal:define="rest_txt python:container.client_content.some_STX_object.source_txt()" tal:replace="structure python: modules['Products.PythonScripts.standard'].restructured_text(rest_txt)" />

Hth, Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org