----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Hedges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: [Zope] Dynamic dictionary keys?

Allow me to preface this by saying I am a complete newbie to Zope (I prefer to think of it as beginner's mind...). What I am attempting to do is dynamically add items to a dictionary, but Zope complains "keyword can't be an expression". Here's the reduced case of my code:

<dtml-let eventsDict="{}">
   <dtml-let calstart="somestring">
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(eventsDict[calstart]=id)">

It is much easier in python script, but if you really want to use dtml:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('eventsDict', {})">
<dtml-call "eventsDict.update({'calstart' : id})">