Luca Dall'Olio wrote:
According to my past experience in java, this means "cvs" ^_^

For the rest of us, it means svn ;-)

Should I stop using the ZMI?

Probably. At the very least, take advantage of the webdav you seem to have already got working and use a normal text editor for editing your scripts and templates!

Should I develop a Zope Product instead?

Probably ;-)

Should I use fsdump instead of webdav to export from zope ?

Should I use webdav when deploying back to Zope?

Not unless you're doing all your editing via WebDAV...

We develop inside locally installed Zope Instances, using the ZMI.

Eep, at least get a text editor going over webdav so you don't have to use a browser to edit your scripts and methods!

At the end of the day, we export the work done using webdav, and this works for DTML documents, DTML methods and ZSQL methods.

Okay, stop using DTML documents and methods. Use python scripts and ZPT, please god! ;-)

After that, we commit inside the source code repository, using the update, diff and merge features to synchronize with other developers' work.

We need to deploy to a Zope server in order to test the integration of developers' code, so I wrote a little PUT_factory to re-create the right objects, this is a snippet:

       elif ext == 'zsql':
           from Products.ZSQLMethods.SQL import SQL
           return SQL(name, '', 'daticonvegno', '' ,'')
       elif ext == 'dtml':
           from OFS.DTMLDocument import DTMLDocument
           return DTMLDocument( '', __name__=name )
       elif ext == 'dtmm':
           from OFS.DTMLMethod import DTMLMethod
           return DTMLMethod( '', __name__=name )
       elif major == 'text':
           from OFS.DTMLDocument import DTMLDocument
           return OFS.DTMLDocument.DTMLDocument( '', __name__=name )

Fair enough...

1) you have to use extensions to make it work, otherwise you will have trouble at deploy-time

Yup, but extensions are pretty handy ;-)

2) some additional parameters such as the connectionIds for ZSQLMethods must be auto-magically chosen by the PUT_factory

Oh, yes, that's silly ;-)

3) what about more complex objects, such as Plone, Archetypes or Openflow? should I map them all in the PUT_factory?

Ah, so you're using Plohn. Well, then you should put all you code in Filesystem Directory Views, it'll make it all _much_ easier for you! You can then look to GenericSetup to handle all your workflow configs, etc...

Is this the "right way" to do things in Zope?

Nope, not given the products you're using...

Is there any native solution for Source Code Versioning and Team Management?

Not really, the "History" tab is as close as it gets...