Chris Withers wrote:
Dieter Maurer wrote:

It does now -- at least for "FSPythonScripts" when you are on a *nix
platform and your files contain DOS lineends.

Does this only affect (FS)PythonScripts or all disk based python code?

There has been a bug in Zope since ages, where multiline python in tal fails if it has Window line endings.

Eg. this will fail with windows line endings:

                                   'bugger'])">

This does not have multiline Python in the tal expression and will not fail:

                     id python: '42';">

I have no idea if it is a manifestation of the same problem.

Since no one with the knowledge of the ZPT is willing to fix it, I did it for myself by setting up my svn rules to linux line endings ...

But it is clearly an annoying bug. Imagine if plain Python worked that way :-(

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science