On 14 Mar 2006, at 12:31, JulianRead wrote:

I have tried this method i have made a zope instance as a dedicated user the
owner of this file is that of the dedicated user.

when i go to run zope as this user i get an error message saying that there is an error opening a file in the install directory ( not the zope instance) if i change the permssions on that file i get an error saying that there is
an error opening another file (in the install directory).

any ideas how i can avoid this.

I repeat: *Install* and run with the same user.