This might be of interest to you:

Doesn't fix the issue of Ape only working with 2.7 however, obviously :(

-----Original Message-----
Chris Kratz
Sent: March 13, 2006 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Ape

On Saturday 11 March 2006 11:16 am, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Dennis Allison wrote:
> > I am looking to map a portion of the local file system into Zope.
> > One way to do this is to use LocalFS, another is to use Ape.  I am
> > sure there are onter approaches as well.  We are using Zop 2.9.X.
> > Will Ape work in this context?  What would you suggest?
> Ape doesn't work with Zope 2.9 yet.
> Shane

We are very interested in this as well.  We have a large application using
Apelib right now to persist our zope application onto the filesystem so we
can use subversion.  It's quite elegant for multiple developers, branching,
etc.  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had success with other
file system persistence and zope.  Most seem to save as blobs (at last our
last survey of the options did).  Apelib is wonderfull because in most cases
it saves the contents in text files which can be accessed by external
editors which is how we do all our development now.  Diffs and merges are
easy plus we get history of changes over time.

Because APE doesn't work in 2.9, we are kind of stuck as far as upradeing
zope and will need to go to localFS or something like it I guess at some
point in the future.  I would be curious to know where you come out with
this Dennis.