--On 14. März 2006 14:43:52 -0500 Jeff Gentry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rotor was removed form python for a variety of reasons (see the
mailing list archives) but one of them was that it's a terrible way to
do any sort of encryption.  There are numberous python extensions that
do encryption and decryption which could be incorporated into your
product.  Alternatively, you can add rotor as a python script into
your product-- and interesting programming project <smile.

As I said elsewhere, I am not doing any encryption.  I get the same error
using the sample ZooExhibit product in the 2.7 book.  My error is coming
from Zope files as near as I can tell.  Until yesterday evening I had
never heard of the rotor module. :)  Actually I just downloaded the 2.9.1
tarball and there are references to rotor in there as well:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] App]$ grep rotor *
Extensions.py:        import rotor
Extensions.py:            rotor.newrotor(prod_id +'
Product.py:        import rotor
Product.py:        rot=rotor.newrotor(id+' shshsh')
Product.py:            import rotor
Product.py:            rot=rotor.newrotor(rot)

Scary enough, but obviously this is dead code...otherwise Zope would not work.

  -   Andreas Jung            ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG                        -
 -   E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Web: www.zopyx.com, www.zopyx.de         -