[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote at 2006-3-17 10:13 -0000:
>I'm installing Plone from source onto a RedHat EL4 test server using
>as my reference.

You probably should send your Plone related questions to
the "plone-users" mailing list...
>"Extract the Plone tarball. This will give you a folder called Plone-2.1
>(presuming you have version 2.1), in which you will see a number of
>products folders, such as CMFPlone and CMFCore. Copy all these product
>folders (not the top-level Plone- folder) into
>The Plone-2.1.2/CMFPlone/install.txt lists these as mandatory

I would expect that all those requirements are in your "Plone-2.1"
tarball -- maybe with the exception of "Zope 2.7.8/2.8.5).

Reread the instructions again; somewhere you will see
the "~zope/instance1" to be mentioned for the first time.
This is a so called Zope "INSTANCE_HOME". It has
a subdirectory "Products". The prescription tells you to
copy the products extracted from the Plone tarball into
this "Products" subdirectory.