On 2006-03-20, JulianRead wrote:
> I have installed zope as root as setup an instance of zope using a different
> user.
> I am trying to setup zope so that it will start automatically when the
> server is rebooted.
> I have created a symlink in rc.d to zopectl however this doesnt seem to
> work.

This tries to start zope as the user root, not as that different user.
I do think you want to start it as that other user.  The following
article may help you:

Basically, login as that user and add a crontab entry with 'crontab
-e' that contains something like this:

@reboot /home/someuser/zopeinstance/bin/zopectl start

Then test it of course. :)

Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/
       GnuPG key | http://maurits.vanrees.org/var/gpgkey.asc
"Do only what only you can do." --- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra