Tino Wildenhain schrieb:
Peter Bengtsson schrieb:

John Huttley wrote:

What is the best way of handling CSS?
I've looked at ZStylesheets, but it is buggy and uses depreciated functions that will not be available in 2.10.

I recommend a DTML Document as an upgrade to File objects.
If you use DTML you can
a) easily set some custom cache headers in the css

Or use a cache manager :-)

b) refer to images by a dynamic URL to the imagefolder. *

* example:
#body { background:#fff url(<dtml-var images url>/bg.png); }

Which runs against (a) because if you aggressive cache
(which is a good idea) you shouldn't have dynamic elements
in it.

I believe file objects are good enough and you could
probably split the CSS across some files to get the
dynamics w/o loosing performance.

I also use DTML for dynamic stylesheets plus a HTTPCacheManager and a set_header script to set the text/css media type (and /* vim: set syn=css: */).

Only because I'm lazy to change the paths (mainly for @import) in the stylesheets.